Pigmentary Titanium Dioxide (TiO2) is a unique white mineral pigment (the whitest) which is an essential ingredient in many industries, especially the color cosmetic segment. However, the use of TiO2 in Beauty and Personal care market is decreasing slowly since 2019.
TiO2 is used in a variety of personal care products, including sunscreens, pressed powders, and loose powders, as a UV filter or whitening agent. In lotions and creams, it presents low risk of exposure. However, when the TiO2 is small enough to be inhalable, it is classified as a potential carcinogen by the Internation Agency for Research on Cancer. Existing studies have suggested TiO2 nanoparticles may be more toxic than traditional larger particles of TiO2.
Hence, cosmetic companies are looking for an alternative of TiO2. However it’s not easy as an effective titanium dioxide substitute will not have the same outstanding properties when it comes to whiteness, covering capacity and opacity.
Sensient developed SensiOp White, in response to meet this specific demand.
What is SensiOp White?
- An optimized blend of ingredients selected to offer a safe product with good performances close to TiO2.
- Brings whiteness, coverage and specific properties depending on the cosmetic applications.
So what are the properties and benefits?
- No nanoparticles therefore low risk when inhaled
- Tinted moisturizer: SensiOp White C01 for light to medium skin tone shades
- Lipsticks: SensiOp White C01 for light shades with coverage
- Pressed powder: SensiOp White S01 for light shades with exceptional softness
Innovation never stops at Sensient where product development is always in motion. We live and breathe innovation, turning industry trends and deep research into ingredients and formulations that help brands take exciting new cosmetics and personal care products to market, just as what we did with SensiOp White.
Contact us to request a sample of SensiOp White or arrange a VIVID session with us. We will be happy to introduce you to our latest ingredient launches and innovations.