Despite the fact that there is no regulation about safety on PEG, Sensient has taken these concerns into consideration and developed a PEG-free surface treatment: ADT-3 so that brands are able to develop more cosmetic options to offer to the market.
What is ADT-3 Surface Treatment?
- PEG and soyamine-free hybrid hydrophobic surface treatment for high pigment load & fluid make-up formulations without compromise on sensoriality
- INCI: CI, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Polyglyceryl-2 Diisostearate/ IPDI Copolymer
So what are the properties and benefits?
- High compatibility and dispersibility in oils, especially polar oils which improves stability of emulsions
- High pigment load with highly limited hardening in sticks
- High pigment load with little viscosity increase in fluids, up to 40% of pigments
- Excellent color strength in W/O, W/Si, anhydrous sticks and pressed powders
- Suitable for hair make-up in aerosol spray format
- Improved hydrophobicity
- Allows higher pigment content in fluid formulations
- Low viscosity dispersion in oils and esters
- Improved adhesion, long wearing
- May eliminate film formers in anhydrous formulations
- Buildable coverage and homogeneous application, easy to blend
- High color-intensity color lipstick
*Only available in Asia at the moment
Contact us to request a sample of ADT-3 Surface Treated pigments or arrange a VIVID session with us. We will be happy to introduce you to our latest ingredient launches and innovations.